For me, it’s also a Blog reader.
The default way for a Kindle user to get a blog on his kindle is to go to the Kindle Store, browse for blogs and hope that the blog you want to subscribe to is in the Kindle Store and usually pay for it. Not much, but you have to pay for it.
Blog writers have to go to Kindle Publishing for Blogs to add their blog to the list of blogs on the Store.
So, how do you get around that?
Well, there’s a service on the web called Instapaper and another one called If This Than That that mixed together can deliver a daily list of blog posts to your kindle.
What do you need to do?
- Go to Amazon > Manage Your Devices
- Register to Instapaper,
- Go to set up wireless delivery to kindle
- Setup Instapapar delivery to happen every day, and to deliver to [youraddress]@free.kindle.com
- Go to your Kindle management page
- Under Your Kindle approved e-mail list, add this address:
- Under Your Kindle(s), find the Kindle E-mail Address and enter that in the box above.
- Register to IFTTT (http://bit.ly/u66ykI)
- Go to Channels and add the Instapaper channel to your IFTTT account
- Go to Your tasks and start to create new tasks:
- Basically you need to configure that if a new blog post is created:
- Paste in feed url the rss feed of the blog you want to follow
- Then you want Instapaper to be alerted
- So that we can reed the blog post later
- You can leave the default to the following screen
- And then name your task
- At this point you have got IFTTT that deliver new blog posts to Instapaper and Instapapaper that daily deliver all the new blog posts to your kindle. FOR FREE